“…tell how much God has done for you.” (Luke 8:39)
We often call it a “testimony.” It’s defined as “evidence or proof provided by the existence or appearance of something.”
I like to call it a “God Story.” It’s the story of how your life was changed by God. And it is a very powerful tool that God can use in your life to reach someone who is far from God. Every testimony, every God Story, has three parts. Here they are.
- What was my life like before I met God?
- How did I meet God?
- How has my life changed since I met God?
The beauty of a testimony is that it can be shared in as short as thirty seconds or as long as thirty or more minutes. Here’s a sample of a thirty second testimony:
- Before I was a Christian, I had no sense of purpose or meaning in my life. I felt like something was missing. I was unfulfilled.
- My friend told me about his relationship with Jesus and invited me to church one Sunday. It seemed like everything the pastor said was directly related to my situation. I prayed with my friend afterwards and asked Jesus to be my Saviour and Lord.
- Since that time, I have an abiding sense of peace and purpose. I know for sure that when I die I am going to heaven.
Each of us should have a short version of our testimony that we are always ready to share. Be prepared! God can and will use you if you are available. People need to hear your story. Share it.